Tuesday 7 May 2013

Travelling Terry Toothbrush Holder

This week, it's a Pin using recylced materials.  I'm converting a humble facewasher into a holder for my daughter's toothbrush and toothpaste to take on camp.

I'm repulsed when my hairbrush and my toothbrush meet inside my toiletry bag.  When I arrive at my holiday destination I usually unpack a few items and sometimes I discover that my eyeshadow has a crack in the case or my toothbrush has met my hairbrush during transit and yuck, there's a hair caught around the bristles.  I pinned this because I thought that it was very clever recycling.  The original is made from a hand towel, however I'm making a smaller version from a facewasher.


This Week's Pin: Travelling Terry Toothbrush Holder
Original Source: Etsy.com
Who's This For?:  My Daughter
Price:  Use an old facewasher or handtowel and scrap ribbon
Difficulty: Simple straight sewing on machine

This Pin seemed a clever idea and was available for purchase from Etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com/listing/86300220/terrycloth-toothbrush-and-paste-travel) however, I felt it was too large for my daughter to take on camp so I purchased a small, child's toothbrush and a travel toothpaste and found a large facewasher in her favourite colour at home.


The process was easy and it took only a few minutes to sit at the sewing machine and sew a few rows of stitching up the facewasher.  Before you sew, make sure the toothbrush will fit in the pocket you create.



It rolls up and fits easily in the toiletry bag and hopefully any spills and stickiness will be soaked up by the facewasher and stay off everything else including the hairbrush.


My daughter returned from camp and announced that the toothbrush holder was a success as it was all kept clean even when it ended up at the bottom of her camping bag.

I'm not sure what's in store for next week.  I might make a bathroom cleaner to try and help my tedious housework or perhaps cook something new.  Let's wait and see next week.

Soops


“Creativity is contagious, pass it on” – Albert Einstein



No comments :

Post a Comment